At the traditional Chästeilet in the Justistal, at the end of the summer, all the cheeses are divided among the farmers according to a ritual.
During the alpine summer, the alpine herdsmen make cheese from the milk of over 250 cows. At the end of the summer, the cheese is divided among the farmers according to a ritual called "Chästeilet", which has been established for centuries. The farmers go with their relatives to the "Spicherberg" in the Justistal. Locals and guests are invited to attend this folk festival. After the "Chästeilet" the farmers go back to Sigriswil with their cows decorated with flowers and tulle. Locals and guests are invited to attend this folk festival.
Experience the Chästeilet:
- General driving ban 07.00 to 19.00 hrs.
- Shuttle bus from 07.30 a.m. from Sigriswil municipal administration to Grön
- Walk from Grön to Chästeilet at Spicherberg approx. 20 min.
- Shuttle bus last return from Grön 14.15 hrs.
- Walk Sigriswil - Grön/Spycherberg approx. 2 hrs.
- Walk Beatenberg - Grön/Spicherberg approx. 1.5 hrs.
- Shuttle bus from Beatenberg also possible