At Aaretubing you can reserve your preferred craft online for a leisurely trip along the Aare from Thun to Bern. Pick up your stand-up paddle, Swiss Tube or kayak at the start and enjoy a three-hour trip in the warming sun along the Aare from Uttigen towards the capital. And who could resist a cooling dip in the water along the way? At the end, you can return your vessel quickly and easily in Eichholz.
The fun begins at check-in in the old waiting room at the station building in Uttigen. Here you receive your craft and important safety information. The complementary map of the Aare provides details of bridges, rapids and quiet barbecue areas along the banks. After a five-minute walk, you arrive at the departure point and take to the water.
You start downstream of the most difficult passage, the Uttigenwelle. Enjoy the rejuvenating sunlight, the luscious green grass along the riverbanks and the lapping of the water. Remember to take a refreshing drink with you, as well as a bag for your rubbish. You are your own captain and decide how long your trip should last. Make a stop along the shore and put a couple of juicy steaks on the barbecue or find a shady spot to relax in out of the midday sun. At the end of your trip in Eichholz, you return your vessel.
Your highlights at a glance
- Hire your preferred craft from Aaretubing
- Spend three hours on the Aare from Uttigen to Bern
- Stop at idyllic picnic and barbecue spots along the way
- Jump into the Aare and cool off
- Spend an action-packed day with family or friends
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“At the end of the trip, my friends and I were able to just drop our vessels off at Aaretubing and see out the day in Eichholz with a beer.”
- The Aare season runs from the end of May to the end of September
- During high season, a reservation is recommended
- Bring food supplies, water and plenty of sun screen
- Pay attention to the safety instructions
- Travel with public transport for maximum flexibility