Visit the alpine dairy on the Aeschi-Allmend mountain, where you can observe alpine dairy farmers making cheese. Find out more about how traditional Swiss alpine cheese is produced and, as part of the experience, enjoy sampling it too!
Take a PostBus or drive to the Aeschiried car park next to the school. It’s about 20 minutes on foot from Aeschiried to the alpine dairy on the Aeschi-Allmend mountain. If possible, join them on Thursdays during the summer season from mid-May to mid-August when the alpine dairy farmers produce their delicious Swiss alpine cheese. Learn more about traditional cheese making and life on the alpine pastures and, of course, take the opportunity to taste some absolutely delicious local alpine cheese.
Your highlights at a glance
- Watch alpine dairy farmers making cheese
- Taste the finest Swiss Alpine cheese from Aeschi-Allmend
- The alpine cheese dairy tour is available to groups on request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip "After an interesting introduction to how alpine cheese is produced, we were able to sample the cheese together with some delicious sausage. It’s wonderful to have the opportunity to enjoy a product that is so fresh."
- The alpine cheese dairy tour takes place every Thursday from mid-May to mid-August
- Register no later than 20.30h on the evening before
- The tour costs CHF 8.00 for children and CHF 16.00 for adults