Hike to an alpine cabin where delicious alpine cheese is made. A visit like will whet your appetite, so you’ll be served a tasty alpine dairyman’s breakfast. An authentic alpine experience awaits you between Beatenberg and Sigriswil.
In the alpine summer season you can visit an alpine cabin in the Justis valley to watch a dairyman make cheese in his "Chäschessi”, or cheese cauldron. Open every Tuesday from June to September, and on Fridays by appointment only. Meet at 7.15h at Beatenberg Tourist Center. When you arrive at the alpine cabin, you’ll be able to ask the dairyman questions how alpine cheese is made during your dairy tour. Afterwards you’ll get a chance to taste some of the delicious cheese as part of an alpine dairyman’s breakfast. This visit to the idyllic Justis valley is fun for young and old alike.
Your highlights at a glance
- Watch the dairyman make alpine cheese
- Visit an alpine cabin in the romantic Justis valley
- Enjoy a delicious alpine dairyman’s breakfast
- Perfect for families with children
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“It was worth getting up so early! The varied programme with a hike, visit and an alpine dairyman’s breakfast was an unforgettable experience.”
- Book the alpine cheese dairy tour at Beatenberg Tourism, maximum 20 people
- Runs every Tuesday, and on Friday by appointment only, from June to September
- Wear comfortable shoes and pack warm clothing and rain gear
- The trip lasts around four hours