Visit the art museum and its fascinating exhibitions and expand your horizons with the power of contemporary art. Afterwards, treat yourself to a coffee and a slice of cake on the terrace of the former Grand Hotel’s Café Thunerhof, with a view over the Aare river and the mountains.
The Kunstmuseum Thun puts on four to five temporary exhibitions each year, focusing mainly on contemporary art. In addition to themed special exhibitions, each year there is a special exhibition offering a unique perspective on a selection of objects from the museum’s collection. Cross-generational art has an established place at the museum. In addition to the main exhibitions, the “enter” project room showcases smaller collaborative projects with universities and social organisations. After your visit to the museum, you can treat yourself to a coffee and a slice of cake on the terrace of the Café Thunerhof, which offers a panoramic view over the green Aare river and the mountains.
Your highlights at a glance
- Four to five temporary exhibitions per year, mostly of contemporary art
- Comprehensive cross-generational display of art
- Café Thunerhof overlooking the Aare river
- Accessible to all
- The “enter” project room, a collaboration with universities and social organisations
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“A trip to the art museum and a “Käfeli” on the terrace with a view over the Aare: Now that’s relaxation!”
- Check the opening times of the art museum
- Find out about current exhibitions before your visit
- After your visit, take a walk along the Aarequai to Thun old town