Look forward to exploring 15 km of slopes on your skis or snowboard. Enjoy spending time at the Axalp family ski resort with its magnificent views of turquoise Lake Brienz.
Axalp sits on a terrace high above Lake Brienz at around 1500 m above sea level. The Sportbahnen opens up around 15 km of pistes. The comfortable chair lift takes you to the Windegg at 2000 m above sea level. Enjoy the amazing panorama amidst the mountain landscape. Children can take their first turns on the snow at the Axiland training area, next to another three T-bar lifts. Winter hikers, tobogganists and cross-country skiers can also get their money's worth as they enjoy the mountain landscape on the Axalp. The Axalp is also worth visiting in summer as you hike along the woodcarving trail to the picturesque Hinterburgseeli and enjoy the virtually unspoiled landscape.
Your highlights at a glance
- On Saturdays, two children (up to 15 years) go free with every adult's day pass purchased
- Free of charge Axiland training area for children
- Conveniently-sized winter sports area, perfect for families
- 15 km of pistes: 5 easy (blue), 1 intermediate (red), 2 difficult (black) and 2.5 km of freeride pistes
- Cosy ski huts with amazing views
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “Axalp was perfect for our family. The resort isn't too big so it was easy to meet up throughout the day. My husband and I loved sitting in the sun with a nice drink while the children were skiing.”
- Check opening hours as well as weather and snow conditions in advance
- We recommend using a winterised vehicle for the drive up the Brienz-Axalp mountain road
- Postbus connection Brienz-Axalp (Line 155)
- Check the Sportbahnen’s operating hours in advance
- Bring the equipment you need for your activities with you or rent it at the Sport Shop Axalp