The Ballenberg Open-Air Museum transports you into the past. Get a first-hand glimpse into the culture and traditions of Switzerland and travel the whole of the country in a day. Stroll through centuries of history.
Would you like to find out more about Switzerland’s customs and traditions? The Ballenberg Open-Air Museum transports you into the past, amidst spectacular natural surroundings. On your tour, you can discover original, centuries-old buildings from all over Switzerland. You can also expect a variety of exhibitions and live demonstrations of old Swiss crafts. Upon entering Ballenberg, you can either look at the schedule for the day and plan your tour around each demo or you can follow one of the park’s wide range of paths and choose to be surprised instead. There are plenty of places to eat, such as picnic tables or restaurants serving up Swiss specialities. The kids can cuddle farm animals at the park’s petting zoo or amuse themselves in the playpark.
Your highlights at a glance
- Over 100 original, centuries-old buildings from every part of Switzerland
- Daily demonstrations of ancient crafts
- A variety of exhibitions
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“Our visit to Ballenberg Open-Air Museum was so idyllic and varied. While exploring the houses, my family and I discovered something new around every corner. We could enjoy nature to the full.”
- Open from mid-April to the end of October
- Good, closed toe shoes (unpaved paths) and a raincoat are recommended
- The western section of the Open-Air Museum is ideal for wheelchair users
- Purchase your tickets at the museum or online via the official website