Visit alphorn maker Heinz Tschiemer and learn more about how these traditional and typically Swiss music instruments are made. Watch over the alphorn maker’s shoulder as he explains the fascinating process, from tree trunk to completed instrument.
The Tschiemer family are based in the cosy mountain village of Habkern. Visit the alphorn museum and shop with its wonderful smell of spruce wood. Are you interested in Swiss alpine shepherd culture and the history behind alphorn's and how they are made? Book a workshop tour to learn more about alphorn manufacture and try to make a sound using this traditional musical instrument. Would you like to buy an alphorn? Heinz Tschiemer can make you an alphorn, tuned to meet your personal requirements.
Your highlights at a glance
- Learn how alphorns are made on a workshop tour
- Visit the alphorn museum
- Discover Swiss alpine shepherd culture
- Listen to the wonderful sound produced by an alphorn
- Have your very own, high-quality alphorn made for you
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “Heinz, the alphorn maker, has a real passion for his work. I learnt a lot of interesting information about the alphorn and was able to try one out at the end.”
- Book a workshop tour, available on request
- Check shop opening times
- Before you buy an alphorn, rent one to try it out