Whether you’re on a wonderful hike or mountain bike ride, many paths lead to the "Blueme" lookout tower. The panoramic view will take your breath away. Grill a crispy sausage at the cosy barbecue points next to the observation tower and enjoy the idyllic nature that surrounds you.
You’ll find one of the most beautiful views you’ll ever see from the impressive Blueme tower above Schwanden ob Sigriswil. The spectacular 360 degree panorama is unforgettable and worth a souvenir photo or two. From Sigriswil, Schwanden or Heiligenschwendi, various paths lead to the impressive Blueme tower. Take a trip on a mountain bike or go for a beautiful hike in the idyllic natural landscape. All starting points can be reached by bus or have parking facilities. The different paths meander through colourful flower meadows and along picturesque forest paths up to the Blueme tower. The 16 m high observation tower proudly rises above the treetops and offers you a wonderful panoramic view of the Bernese Alps, the Emmental and the Jura, while beneath you lies deep-blue Lake Thun. This is scenery at its very best. Help yourself to the wood to start a barbecue and grill some sausages beside a cosy fire. Enjoy a delicious picnic and relax amidst the natural landscape.
Your highlights at a glance
- 16 m high observation point with 360 degree panorama
- Stunning view of the Alps and Lake Thun
- Numerous barbecue sites with wood provided
- Unspoilt flora and fauna around the Blueme tower
- Combine your visit to the observation tower with a hike or bike ride
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“I had to pluck up the courage to climb the high Blueme tower. At the top I was thrilled by the magnificent mountain panorama and the view above the fog.”
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing
- Check bus timetables for your arrival and departure
- Bring your own barbecue utensils or picnic