A trip on a boat is an unforgettable experience. Explore the turquoise waters of Lake Brienz together with your family or friends. You can hire pedalos, rowboats and motorboats (without a licence) from Abegglen Werft (shipyard). Enjoy the surrounding majestic natural scenery around you as you glide over the water.
The Abegglen Werft boat hire service is located directly in Iseltwald’s picturesque bay. The boathouse, which is built on stilts over the lake, exudes authenticity and underlines the charm of the idyllic fishing village. You can hire pedalos, rowing boats or motorboats which can be piloted without a driving licence. Sailing over the turquoise waters of Lake Brienz is an activity that the whole family can enjoy. Following a brief introduction in the shipyard, you’ll be able to captain your own vessel. Take a pedalo out on the water with your family under your own steam or speed across the waves on a motorboat. Enjoy the feeling of freedom on the beautiful lake and the captivating views of the surrounding mountains.
Your highlights at a glance
- Pilot a motorboat without a licence
- Hire pedalos and rowing boats
- Situated directly on Lake Brienz
- Unique natural scenery and majestic mountain panorama
- Discover hidden stretches of the shoreline and bays
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“Anchors up and cast off! I hired a motorboat that can be piloted without a boat licence from Abegglen Werft in Iseltwald for an excursion with my family. My son was able to help me steer. Seeing my son’s eyes light up like that was priceless.”
- Boats can be hired from mid-May to mid-October
- Bring your swimsuit and dry clothes
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a sun hat to protect your skin and head
- There are restaurants in the surrounding area