You can hire pedalos, canoes, stand-up paddleboards and motorboats that can be skippered without a licence at the Faulensee tourism office. Another highlight is the Sealander, a caravan-like electric boat. Right next to it is the lakeside lawn, where you can kick back and relax. Recharge your batteries with a delicious ice-cream or a snack from the little kiosk.
The Faulensee tourism office, situated right on the left bank of Lake Thun,
is the place to hire and try out a variety of watersports equipment. Take to the deep-blue waters of Lake Thun under your own steam or hire a motorboat that can be skippered without a licence and spend a couple of hours in the middle of the lake. Paddle your canoe over the glistening water or pedal your pedalo along the shoreline. Alternatively, why not chill out with your friends in the Sealander, the floating caravan trailer, enjoying a delicious cheese fondue or barbecued sausages? Would you rather relax in the warmth of the sun for a few hours? The beautifully maintained sunbathing lawn on the shore of the lake is the place to relax and unwind. Snacks and drinks are available in the tourism office’s little kiosk.
Your highlights at a glance
- Drive Sealanders and motor boats that can be skippered without a licence
- Hire pedalos, stand-up paddleboards and canoes
- Large lakeside lawn right next to the boat hire desk
- Small kiosk offering beverages and snacks
- Attractive playground
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “My family and I were able to hire a motorboat at the lake that you can skipper without a licence. We enjoyed spending a few very relaxing hours in the middle of beautiful, deep-blue Lake Thun. It was simply delightful!”
- Bring your swimsuit and some dry clothes
- Don’t forget to bring sunscreen and a sun hat to protect your skin and head
- There are restaurants in the surrounding area