Enjoy a circular ride on the Bödeli-Bahn, going from Interlaken to Matten, Unterseen and back via the Höhematte. During the trip, you will learn interesting facts about the area. Combine your ride on the Bödeli-Bahn with a visit to JungfrauPark, or upsize to an XXL tour to the lake.
The trip on the old-time Bödeli-Bahn starts at the Höheweg. Climb aboard to enjoy a half-hour round trip through Interlaken, Matten and Unterseen. Along the way, pick up interesting facts about the castle, the William Tell Open-Air Theatre, the Hardermannli, the River Aare, the old town of Unterseen and other points of note. In addition to the hour-long XXL tour to the lake, the Bödeli-Bahn offers an entertaining "Magical Interlaken" tour. Take a two-hour tour along the River Aare to the old town of Unterseen, passing through Interlaken and Matten before heading to the JungfrauPark, where a 45-minute "Magical Oberland" duplex show offers a bird’s eye view of the Bernese Oberland. After the stop at JungfrauPark, the Bödeli-Bahn passes Interlaken Castle on the way to the Höhematte. Organising a birthday, wedding or corporate celebration? You can also book a special trip on the Bödeli-Bahn.
Interlaken "Historic Tour"
The 90-minute "Historic Tour" takes you to such historic sites as the monastery, the Congress Centre Kursaal Interlaken and the old town of Unterseen. The price of the tour includes a 45-minute visit to the Tourismuseum, which will give you an insight into the history of alpine tourism in Switzerland. Throughout your visit, an audio guide provides interesting information in eight languages.
Your highlights at a glance
- Enjoy a nostalgic tour of Interlaken on the Bödeli-Bahn
- Information in eight languages: German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic and Chinese
- "Magical Tour" to JungfrauPark
- Half-hour local trip, or one-hour tour to the lake
- Special bookings available for weddings, birthdays and company celebrations
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"During the trip I watched the colourful parade along the Höheweg. I also learned a great deal about Interlaken on the half-hour tour."
- The Bödeli-Bahn runs from March to October
- Check the timetable
- Trips start from Höheweg
- Information available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic and Chinese
- Book a private trip for your special occasion