Pay a visit to a local farm. At the Bernese Oberland’s authentic farms, you can get a first-hand experience of farming life and come face to face with the animals. Old or new, in the countryside or in the Alps, organic or conventional: the world of Swiss farming is anything but boring. Visit some of Interlaken’s finest farms in an unforgettable experience for the whole family.
Take in the country air, watch the farmers milking their cows and even pet a baby calf. Experience working life on the farm first-hand at some of the Holiday Region Interlaken’s finest farms. Whenever they have a spare moment, the farmers will explain how they produce their milk, how they look after their animals and how they manage the fields and Alpine meadows. Discover lots of interesting and surprising facts about farming life and get an authentic insight into rural Swiss traditions. You can also sample fresh regional produce. Cheese, milk, fruit and vegetables taste twice as good when they come straight from the farm! Some farms also offer fun overnight options, such as sleeping on straw. Find out more here!
Your highlights at a glance
- Discover everyday life on the farm
- Get into the farming spirit and come face-to-face with the animals
- Interesting insights into life on the farm
- Fascinating facts about how cheese, milk and meat is made
- Sample fresh produce straight from the farm
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“My family and I found our visit to a picturesque Interlaken farm really exciting. The kids particularly enjoyed watching the farmers milking the cows.”
- Please make a note of individual farms’ opening times
- Please follow the rules of the farm
- Some areas are restricted for safety reasons
- Please respect the farmers’ privacy; their houses are off-limits
- The farms in the Holiday Region Interlaken and more information you can find here