Visit the impressive natural spectacle and admire the 300-metre-high rock faces in Grindelwald’s Glacier Canyon. A walkway takes you along a one-kilometre-long gorge through rock galleries and several tunnels. A real highlight is the 170 m2 “spider’s web”, a walkable construction, which stretches across the gorge and offers thrills and a spectacular view.
The gorge of the Lower Grindelwald Glacier is a breathtaking natural masterpiece. The gorge was formerly covered by glacial ice and its 300-metre rock walls still bear witness to glacier's immense power. A spectacular walkway takes you deep into the gorge, past moulins, glacial polish and pink and green blocks of marble. The tour takes you through rock galleries and several tunnels, providing a unique experience for all your senses. Listen to the thundering of the water cascading down the Lütschine, feel the bracing wind and admire how the light changes in the gorge. On the way you will learn exciting and sometimes surprising facts about geology, glaciers, water and mysticism. A real highlight is the 170 m2 “spider’s web” net. The walkable net stretched across the gorge ensures a unique perspective. Experience the huge thrill of balancing on the net.
Your highlights at a glance
- Impressive, 1 km-long Glacier Gorge
- 300-metre-high rock walls surround you
- A natural spectacle accessible through rock galleries and tunnels
- Find out fascinating facts about topics such as geology, glaciers, water and mysticism.
- Balance on a 170 m2 net strung seven metres above a river
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“An impressive world of world of action and adventure! My children enjoyed climbing and balancing on the Spider’s Web. Divided into six attractively staged theme worlds, the Glacier Canyon offers the perfect excursion programme for families.”
- Open daily from May to October
- Included in the price: Entrance to the Glacier Canyon and the Mineral Museum
- Bring warm clothing or a jacket, as temperatures average around 10°C.
- Glacier Gorge accessible by public transport from Interlaken Ost