Are you looking for an exciting alternative to winter sports? Then why not pay a visit to the “Glice” artificial ice rink at Beatenberg! Hire your skates from the local sports shop in Beatenberg and take to the perfectly balanced ice. The welcoming atmosphere ensures fun for the whole family.
In winter, an artificial ice rink is set up behind the Beatenberg tourist information centre. From the middle of December to the middle of March, the reliable “Glice” ice rink offers a fantastic alternative to winter sports: Pull on your skates and take to the ice! The rink offers the perfect balance of grip and glide. But don't just listen to us–go and try it out for yourself! Skates and ice hockey sticks can be hired from the local sports shop if needed. Several days a week, the entertainment factor goes up a notch with live music and a refreshments bar, where you can warm up over a delicious glass of mulled wine or punch and enjoy some time with your family.
Your highlights at a glance
- Skating fun for all ages
- Weatherproof artificial ice rink
- Skating in front of a unique mountain backdrop
- Curling available on request with a professional mentor
- Music and refreshments bar from Wednesday to Saturday
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“The grip of the ice really impressed me. My family and I spent a fun few hours in Beatenberg, doing a few laps of the rink and then grabbing a snack from the refreshments bar.”
- Open from the middle of December to the middle of March
- Find out the exact opening times
- Bring your own skates or find out what hiring options are available on site
- Warm winter clothes and gloves recommended
- A helmet is particularly recommended for kids