On the fairytale Grand Train Tour, an unforgettable journey by train is guaranteed. One single ticket—the Swiss Travel Pass—gives you access to eight of Switzerland’s most impressive panoramic rail routes. The tour crossing Switzerland, covering approximately 1,280 kilometres, and brings you to the wonderful Holiday Region Interlaken.
Book the Holiday Region Interlaken on your Grand Train Tour. These incomparable rail journeys connect Switzerland’s most beautiful towns and cities and its most impressive panoramic rail routes. Eight different routes, comprising approximately 1,280 kilometres, take you across Switzerland, past breathtaking landscapes of mountains and lakes. Take a Grand Train Tour and discover the highlights and variety of Switzerland with just one ticket: The Swiss Travel Pass. When you purchase one of these passes, you also receive a “myTravel Stamp Booklet”, which can be used to collect nine unique stamps on your journey. The Holiday Region Interlaken can be reached using the awe-inspiring GoldenPass Line, a varied track linking Lucerne and Montreux to Interlaken. Travel with the Luzern-Interlaken Express or the Montreux Oberland Bernois Railway and the BLS and prepare to be amazed by all the Holiday Region Interlaken has to offer.
Your highlights at a glance
- Discover Switzerland’s most beautiful towns and cities and the Holiday Region Interlaken
- 1,280-kilometre train journey on eight different panoramic railway lines
- Virtual Grand Train Tour for optimal planning
- Numerous sights and attractive day trip destinations along the track
- Collect nine stamps as you travel in your free “my Travel Stamp Booklet”
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“The Grand Train Tour combines impressive natural landscape and picturesque Swiss towns and is one of the most beautiful travel experiences I’ve ever had.”
- You can go on the Grand Train Tour at any time of year
- Start at any point on the railway line
- Any direction or length of journey