Enjoy a panoramic trip aboard the Grindelwald-Männlichen Gondola Cable Car. The journey takes you from Grindelwald Grund up to the Männlichen in 19 minutes. The breathtaking mountain view of the Jungfrau region will be with you before, during and after the trip. Once at the top, a diverse range of activities and experiences await in the beautiful natural surroundings.
A trip to the Männlichen is an unforgettable experience—and so is the journey there. The gondola cable car covers 6.239 kilometres of the Grindelwald Grund - Männlichen route. On its construction in 1978, at 6.2 km, the Grindelwald – Männlichen gondola cable car was the longest cable car of its kind in the world. In 1995, this record was broken by the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway in Australia. In 2019, the old cable car was removed and replaced by a new, faster model. The 10-seater cabins offer a fantastic view over the impressive mountain panorama.
The journey now begins at Interlaken Ost and goes direct to the stop at Grindelwald Terminal, where the base station for the Männlichen cable car is located. In just 19 minutes, you reach the summit. The cable car stops close to the mountain inn, which provides kids with a spacious alpine playground in summer and is the starting point for a variety of hikes. In winter, the Männlichen mountain boasts many kilometres of pistes, as well as a variety of sledging and hiking opportunities.
Your highlights at a glance
- 19 minutes to the Männlichen in a modern 10-seater gondola cable car
- Unforgettable experiences in the mountains and nature at any time of year
- Culinary delights available in the Berghaus Männlichen hotel and restaurant
- Family-friendly excursion destination
- Spacious alpine playground on the Männlichen
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"It was a comfortable ride as I glided in the new gondola cabin over the impressive natural paradise and took in the amazing view of the mighty Eiger’s north face. A first-rate experience.”
- Guaranteed connection to public transport via the terminal
- Terminal, gondola cable car, midway station and summit station are wheelchair-accessible
- Parking is available
- Pack the right equipment for your activity