Take a winter walk to Grunderinseli or enjoy the view as you barbecue your food over the fire. Grunderinseli is a fantastic island on Lake Thun and a great place to visit at any time of year.
Grunderinseli lies approximately 50 m from the bank of Thun’s Lachen Quarter and is connected to the mainland by a wooden walkway. Cross the walkway and enjoy the fantastic view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, as well as Oberhofen Castle on the opposite bank. Are you looking for the perfect spot for a barbecue? The barbecue station features four fire pits, as well as several wooden tables and benches: great for a relaxing grill gathering! For music fans, the Grunderinseli’s Bluegrass Festival is a must.
Your highlights at a glance
- Island on Lake Thun with a view over the lake and mountains
- Barbecue station with four fire pits and several picnic tables
- Benches for enjoying a moment of peace by the lake
- Every summer: Bluegrass Festival Grunderinseli
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“I love relaxing on Grunderinseli, with its view over the magnificent Lake Thun. A barbecue, some downtime: what could be better?”
- Plan your journey by car or bus
- Take the bus or car to the lido, then follow the bank of the lake to Grunderinseli
- Remember to bring cooking ingredients, wood, charcoal and a lighter for your barbecue
- Find out about what’s on the programme for the Bluegrass Festival