Feel the magic of a winter’s night on a guided full moon snowshoe tour. Accompanied by a professional guide, you will explore the untouched winter landscape by moonlight. The sea of lights and the glittering waters of Lake Thun below will leave you spellbound. The experience ends with a delicious cheese fondue.
Experience an enchanting guided snowshoe tour under a full or gibbous moon. By evening, the ambiance above the moon-kissed waters of Lake Thun is bewitching and breathtakingly beautiful. Equipped with snowshoes and a head lamp, you will hike through the glistening snow. After a short while, the lights of the last few houses will be behind you and you will commence your ascent over a ridge with stunning views. The enchanting view over the lake and the sea of lights in the distance will leave you awestruck. Upon completing the first descent, you will head to the cosy ski cabin, where you will be greeted with a typical Swiss snack: a delicious cheese fondue. After your batteries have been recharged, you will make your way back to the starting point of the tour. Find out the times of the moonlight snowshoe tour and explore the snow-covered winter landscape in the company of a professional guide.
Your highlights at a glance
- Unforgettable full moon snowshoe tour with a local guide
- Discover the unspoiled winter landscape on snowshoes
- Majestic view over the glittering waters of Lake Thun
- Snowshoeing experience under the star-filled sky
- Tour includes a delicious fondue
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“With the moon in the sky and the moonlight reflecting off Lake Thun, the atmosphere becomes truly magical. The glitter of the water is just breathtaking. The moonlight bathes the landscape in a wonderfully soft light.”
- Make sure to check the times for the tour
- Registration is required; the minimum number of people is four
- Duration: 5 hours 30 minutes including fondue; walking time approx. 3 hours
- Some basic fitness is an advantage; medium difficulty; ascent/descent of approx. 400 m
- Services included: Tour, cheese fondue, taxi from Aeschiried to Spiez after the tour
- Bring the following equipment: Snowshoes, snowshoe poles, hiking shoes, winter clothing, hat, gloves, scarf, torch or head lamp, small snacks, thermos flask of tea