Take a guided herb-themed walk from Schwanden/Sigriswil. Lush green meadows, brightly blossoming flowers, wildlife-filled forests and breathtaking views await. In the company of a local guide, discover fresh, vitamin-packed wild plants, aromatic herbs and flowers. In the process, you will learn interesting facts about wild herbs and pick up creative recipe ideas.
Join a walking tour of the memorable world of herbs in and around Schwanden/Sigriswil in the company of a professional guide. Your small group will pass through silent forests, expansive alpine landscapes and colourful meadows, sampling various plants and herbs that grow in the wild. Throughout the tour, you will enjoy breathtakingly panoramic views across Lake Thun and the mountains beyond. The tour provides useful information on wild plants and their curative effects as well as tips on preparing the beneficial flora. At the end of the tour, your group will prepare and enjoy a tasty salad of wild herbs. The herb tour takes place every Wednesday; the duration is 5-6 hours. For more details contact the operator directly and discover the complete range of tours on offer.
Your highlights at a glance
- Guided tour based on wild herbs followed by preparation of a delicious wild herb salad
- Explore the world of herbs with a professional tour guide
- Memorably panoramic views of Lake Thun and the mountains of the Bernese Oberland
- Variety of tours available
- Group rates available on request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way
Personal tip"It was fascinating to find out how many beneficial and vitamin-packed plants are growing right under our noses. Thanks to the knowledge I picked up on the wild herb tour, I now take far more notice of the natural world."
- Registration required
- Minimum number of participants: 5 persons; maximum group size: 12 persons
- Ask the operator about the trip dates and the wide range of tours available
- The following services are included: Guided tour, meal and reference guide (drinks not included)
- Winter clothing recommended; bring spare dry clothing and a rucksack with drink if needed
- Early bird discount: 10% discount on bookings made 2 months in advance