Explore the fairytale winter landscape on the Niederhorn on snowshoes, then enjoy a delicious cheese fondue and a warming glass of mulled wine or punch. The guided snowshoe hike gives you the opportunity to trek through the atmospheric moonlit winter night equipped with a headlamp.
Every Friday and Saturday evening during the winter season, a local guide will accompany you on a two-hour snowshoe tour across the Niederhorn’s snow-covered winter landscape. You take the last train to the middle station in Vorsass, where you are kitted out with snowshoes and poles and given important information about the tour. The tour commences at 17.15h. Warmly wrapped up and equipped with a headlamp, you will hike along the marked snowshoe trail by night under an enchanting star-studded sky. The snow dampens every sound and nature is magically silent. Admire Lake Thun glistening in the valley below and the sea of lights emanating from the houses surrounding the lake. Take time to catch your breath and enjoy some warming home-made mulled wine. The guided tour ends with a leisurely meal in the Bärgrestaurant Vorsass. Enjoy a delicious cheese fondue before taking the Niederhornbahn back down to the valley.
Your highlights at a glance
- Discover the nocturnal winter landscape accompanied by an experienced guide
- A wide selection of dates – every Friday and Saturday evening
- Enjoy mulled wine under a star-studded sky
- Enjoy a fondue with the other participants in the Bärgrestaurant Vorsass after the tour
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip«The stars twinkled in the sky and, as if by magic, the moonlight made Lake Thun in the valley sparkle. The feeling of hiking through the nocturnal winter wonderland on snowshoes is indescribable. It’s a must for all romantics and nature lovers.»
- Reservations required; limited number of participants
- The following services are included: tickets, snowshoes, poles, mulled wine, cheese fondue (excludes beverages)
- Winter clothing and sturdy winter or hiking boots must be worn,
- as must headlamps, which are not included in the price; these can be purchased at the Beatenbucht and Beatenberg valley stations
- In the event of inclement weather conditions, you will be informed by telephone whether the tour can go ahead