The classic town tour! With its diversity, culture, history and breathtaking lakeside location, Thun is an enchanting place to visit. Explore the Zähringen town of Thun from a unique perspective and solve its mysteries on a tour through the old town.
Do you know how Thun’s raised pavements were built? Or why two branches of the same river enclose the shopping street of Bälliz? The Thun City Guides will reveal all of this and more on the classic tour of Thun old town and the Schlossberg. You can expect an exciting tour, filled with fascinating details about the town’s rich culture, which dates back to the Stone Age and has played out against an exceptional backdrop. Thun’s unique location between lakes and Alps has shaped the face of the town both in the past and in the present.
Public tour of the old town
From May to November public tours take place regularly throughout the day and are led by a knowledgeable city guide who will share lots of interesting facts about Thun’s past and present.
“Old town” group tour
Delve into Thun’s history on a private tour with your group. Its richness will leave you in awe.
Your highlights at a glance
- 1.5-hour tour through Thun town centre
- Tour through the old town and the Schlossberg
- The classic town tour
- Public tours are available in German and English
- Group tours in German, English, French, Italian and Spanish available upon request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“As somebody who grew up in Thun, I thought I knew the town pretty well. But on the tour of Thun town centre with our knowledgeable guide, I made lots of new discoveries and noticed things I’d never paid attention to before. A great experience!”
- The tour takes place outside. Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing are recommended
- For the public tours prior registration is recommended
- Accessible group tours are available upon request: the public tours are not accessible