Go on an exciting tour of the town centre and the Schlossberg, which includes a visit to the medieval castle. You’ll be accompanied by a Thun City Guide, who will introduce you to all the town’s top sights.
With the only raised pavements in Europe, its historic square and breathtaking location on the shore of Lake Thun and the River Aare, Thun is a fascinating place to explore. The unique panorama of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau brings an air of Alpine charm to your visit. The two-hour tour will introduce you to the highlights of the town on the water and includes a guided tour of town’s best-known landmark, Thun Castle.
“Thun old town and Thun Castle” group tour
Choose this classic group tour for a private insight into the town and let Thun work its magic.
Your highlights at a glance
- Two-hour tour of the town centre and Thun Castle
- The most popular tour, which includes all the town’s highlights
- Group tours in German, English, French, Italian and Spanish available upon request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“On the tour of Thun old own and Thun Castle, I was transported back to the Middle Ages by fascinating stories from the past. At the same time, the old town’s charming streets, the panoramic views from the Schlossberg and the historical buildings conjured me back to the present.”
- Parts of the tour take place outside. Comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing are recommended
- Your group tour can be combined with an aperitif or a bite to eat
- This tour is not accessible