Take a guided tour with an expert guide past authentic chalets and through romantic alleys. Find out lots of exciting and interesting facts about the history of Brienz on your walk as well as how wood carving and tourism have shaped the village.
The tour starts at the tourist office and takes you to the station and depot of the Brienz Rothorn Railway as well as the catholic church. As you walk past homely wooden chalets with splendid flowers, you will constantly catch glimpses of the turquoise Lake Brienz. The two alleys Alp- and Brunngasse in particular with their cobblestones are perfect subjects for a photo. Wood carving shaped Brienz in the 19th century. The guide will be happy to answer your questions and will take individual wishes into consideration during the tour. The view from the protestant church at the top of a hill is particularly beautiful.
Your highlights at a glance
- Exciting information on the Brienz Rothorn Railway and wood carving
- Brunngasse – this was once voted Europe's most beautiful alley
- The view from the protestant church over the village and lake
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“I like the village of Brienz particularly because of the historical part of the village and the beautiful alleys. I found out lots of interesting facts about Brienz and its inhabitants on the tour. And now I've even started using the typical Brienz greeting “Hoppid”.”
- The tour starts every Wednesday at 9.30h
- You can put your name down for it by 17.00h the evening before at Brienz Tourismus tourist office
- We recommend comfortable shoes and clothing to suit the weather
- Ask the guide your questions; he/she will be happy to answer them
- The tour takes between one and two hours