Visit Heubühlen Alp at an altitude of 1331 m and above the mountain village of Habkern. Treat yourself in front of the Brunner family’s idyllic alpine cabin or relax in the deck chairs with a view of the surrounding mountains.
The walk from Dorfbrunnen Habkern to Heubühlen Alp takes about one hour. The beautiful alpine cabin is managed by the Brunner family during the summer months, from June to September. They provide an insight into alpine life and a chance to see grazing cows and wallowing pigs. Watch cheese being made then buy a fresh alpine cheese on site. The candle-lit raclette and alpine dairyman's breakfast on Heubühlen Alp’s terrace are delicious. Then digest your meal as you lie back in a deck chair and enjoy the wonderful view.
Your highlights at a glance
- Taste fresh alpine cheese
- Enjoy a traditional dairyman’s breakfast with Rösti, fried egg and cheese
- Find out how cheese is made in the Alps
- Relax in one of the alpine cabin’s deck chairs
- Admire the beautiful view of the Bernese Alps
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“Every time I visit Heubühlen Alp, I know it's going to be a moment of pure relaxation! I like the peace and quiet, the amazing view from the deck chair and the delicious raclette made from handmade cheese.”
- The Alp is only open during the summer months
- Bring cash (Swiss Francs) with you to buy cheese and refreshments
- Wear appropriate clothes to suit the weather and good walking shoes