Why not take a half-day or full-day kayak tour on turquoise Lake Brienz? In summer, Hightide Kayak School will bring you to the Giessbach Falls and take you on an evening tour; in winter, atmospheric kayak tours are available.
What could be finer that paddling across beautiful Lake Brienz, surrounded by mountains? Rent a kayak, canoe, stand-up paddleboard or surf ski from Hightide Kayak School at the quay in Bönigen. Prefer to book a guided half-day or full-day tour? An experienced coach will accompany you to the most beautiful corners of Lake Brienz. A guided kayak tour to the thundering Giessbach Falls or a tour on a summer evening are experiences to remember. As you paddle, savour the tranquillity as the everyday world melts away. At the Hightide Kayak School, people with disabilities also have the chance to glide over Lake Brienz. From a unique day trip to a regular training course, kayaking is a good choice for a healthy work-life balance.
Winter tours by kayak
In winter, Lake Brienz is a place of peace and relaxation. Discover the atmospheric winter landscape by taking a kayak on Lake Brienz. A guided half-day tour can be booked from October to April. Clad in a warm dry suit and accompanied by an experienced coach, you paddle your way across the lake. Out on the water, enjoy the tranquillity as you gaze at the snowy peaks all around.
Your highlights at a glance
- Unique winter tours by kayak
- Book a guided kayak tour on Lake Brienz
- Rent a kayak, canoe, stand-up paddleboard or surf ski
- Regular training courses for people of all ages
- Kayak outings for disabled persons
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"Wrapped up warm in a dry suit, I climbed into the kayak and started paddling with the snowy mountains all around. Lake Brienz is very quiet and atmospheric in the winter."
- Reserve your place on a kayak tour in advance
- Wear a swimsuit and sun protection in the summer
- For winter tours, wear comfortable clothing and a hat
- Bring a change of clothes and something to drink