On the River Aare, you are the captain. Equipped with a raft, lifejacket, paddle and clothing container, you and your friends can set out to paddle from Thun to Bern. All the equipment you need can be rented from Aarebootsvermietung in the Schwäbis area of Thun. This is an experience with a high fun factor guaranteed.
Rent a raft and paddle with a lifejacket, and you are ready for a memorable adventure on the Aare. Rent high quality equipment from Aarebootsvermietung in Schwäbis, and be the captain of the river. Your tour starts at the Schwäbis embarkation point and ends at the Eichholz campsite in Wabern bei Bern. For 18 km, the Aare winds through the natural beauty of the Bernese Oberland. A rafting tour, which takes three hours, guarantees fun and excitement.
Paddle the invigorating waters of the Aare with friends, family members, work colleagues or fellow club members. It is well worth allowing enough time to make the absolute most of a summer’s day. Along the way you can go ashore at various tranquil spots for a barbecue or picnic – or take a cooling dip in the river. For the whole day, you enjoy sheer freedom and independence. On request, an experienced guide will accompany your tour of discovery. Ask the provider directly about the options.
Your highlights at a glance
- Go rafting from Thun to Bern down the beautiful River Aare
- Tranquil places to take a break along the way
- An unbeatable experience for friends and family
- Excitement and fun on an 18 km tour
- Professional equipment available to rent from Aarebootsvermietung in Schwäbis
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"I think a rafting excursion on the Aare is the perfect blend of recreation, fun and excitement. My friends and I enjoyed a relaxing time on the water and a picnic back on shore. The atmosphere was unique."
- Rentals available from May to September
- Check the start and return times
- Raft, paddle, lifejacket and clothing container are included in the rental price
- Renters must be able to swim; please observe the rules of conduct
- Boats cannot be rented when the level of the Aare is too high or too low
- Arriving by public transport is a good idea as the start and finish points are far apart