For over 200 years, the Jakobshübeli has had a pavilion for admiring the wonderful panoramic view. Whether in winter, spring, summer or autumn, this destination is worth a visit at any time of year.
The 433 steps from Hofstettenstrasse near the Brahms-Quai in Thun up to the Jakobshübeli can be climbed in about ten minutes. At the top, you will be met by wonderful, clear views of Lake Thun, Thun and the surrounding mountains, especially the Stockhorn and Niesen. Sit down and relax on one of the benches under the shady pavilion or use the information panels to learn the names of the surrounding mountains. This beautiful viewpoint is the perfect spot for a souvenir photo too.
Your highlights at a glance
- Fabulous view over Thun, the mountains and Lake Thun
- Comfortable benches in the shady pavilion
- Information panels with the names of the surrounding mountains
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“A trip to Jakobshübeli is so worthwhile. My favourite idea is to take a picnic and enjoy the romantic atmosphere in the evening.”
- Combine your trip with a walk along the Aarequai
- Expect a ten-minute walk from Hofstettenstrasse in Thun
- Stair access so not suitable for prams or wheelchairs