Your blades glide across the ice and your warm breath forms clouds in the cold air. Skate a few laps at the natural ice rink in Brienz, then warm up with a hot drink and replenish your energy with a snack at the Forsthaus before once more taking to the ice.
In winter, when the temperature drops to zero, the area at the top of Lake Brienz (next to the Forsthaus) is transformed into a natural ice rink. In fine weather, the rink opens from December to the end of February. Skating aids are available for kids who may still be a little unsteady on the ice. The back of the rink is available for ice hockey games and curling is offered to groups on request. Parking can be found next to the Forsthaus. The “Brienz, im Brunnen” PostBus stop is 250 m away.
Your highlights at a glance
- Warm up with a hot drink and snacks at the Forsthaus
- Skates are available for hire
- Skating aids for beginners or kids are available
- Curling is available to groups on request
- Ice hockey is available
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“Whenever we’re in Interlaken, a visit to the ice rink is a real highlight for the kids. Afterwards, there’s always the Forthaus for a tasty Chäsbrätel to recharge your batteries."
- Check whether the natural ice rink is open (+41 77 497 23 71)
- Wrap up warm and don’t forget your ice skates
- “Brienz, im Brunnen” PostBus stop (Line 155 Brienz – Axalp)