Cross the 70 m hanging bridge which crosses the untamed Unterweidligraben valley, also known as the Ebliggraben. The bridge links the Jakobsweg between Oberried and Brienz. The bridge is open from spring to autumn and is disassembled in winter.
The right bank of Lake Brienz features a pedestrian and cycle path that crosses green fields and beautiful woodland to Interlaken. This forms part of the Jakobsweg, which takes pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela. The 70 m hanging bridge eases the crossing over the Unterweidligraben valley over Ebligen. The bridge is disassembled in winter and reassembled in spring. Up on the bridge, you can enjoy a superb view over the turquoise-blue waters of Lake Brienz and the other side of the valley.
Your highlights at a glance
- Cross the 70 m hanging rope bridge
- Superb views across Lake Brienz and the mountain landscape
- Covered rest area with fire pit and spring near Oberried
- Varied hike or cycle route
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“The cycle path around Lake Brienz is my absolute favourite. The view from the hanging bridge over Ebligen is the highlight of the trip (along with the Giessbach Falls, of course!)”
- Hanging rope bridge only open from April to October
- Find out more from the local authority in Oberried (+41 33 849 13 33)
- Mountain bikers give way to hikers