From Stechelberg, several cable cars take you to the excursion destination of Schilthorn in 30 minutes. The mountain village of Mürren is situated above the Lauterbrunnen valley and lies on the route to the Piz Gloria restaurant, Birg or Allmendhubel. Travel from Mürren to Allmendhubel on the funicular railway in four minutes.
If you start your mountain excursion to the Schilthorn from Interlaken Ost, you can get to the summit of the Schilthorn in an hour and a half by train. First head for Lauterbrunnen, then take the cable car to Grütschalp or the bus to Stechelberg and then proceed to Mürren. A cable car takes you from the mountain village of Mürren to Birg station at 2677 m above sea level, where you change onto another cable car that takes you to the Schilthorn’s Piz Gloria restaurant at 2970 m above sea level. Would you like to enjoy nature in peace and quiet? If so, you can reach the Allmendhubel in four minutes by funicular railway from Mürren.
Your highlights at a glance
- Panoramic view on the cable car ride
- Thirty minutes by cable car from Stechelberg to the summit of the Schilthorn
- From Mürren to Allmendhubel in four minutes by funicular railway
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"As I rode up the mountain on the cable car, a spectacular view of the impressive Three Peaks revealed itself. The mountains seemed almost close enough to touch!"
- Allow at least five hours for a trip to the Schilthorn
- Please note the operating hours, which are revised every April and November
- Check the time of the last descent