Climb the historic staircase from Thun old town up to the Schlossberg. At the top, you can stop and rest a while on one of the benches in the little park next to the Stadtkirche. The panoramic view from the Schlossberg is fantastic: perfect for a souvenir photo or two!
The Schlossberg, with its white castle, is the emblem of Thun. This magnificent viewpoint can be reached on foot or with the lift from the car park for a more leisurely option. Once there, you can explore the castle gates and the Stadtkirche or pay a visit to Thun Castle. Here you can snap a great souvenir photo from one of the windows in the tower. You can also treat yourself to a delicious evening meal in the fabulous ambiance of the Restaurant & Hotel Schlossberg. The view from the Schlossberg over Thun, the Aare, Lake Thun and the surrounding mountains is spellbinding.
Your highlights at a glance
- View over Thun, the lake and mountains
- Walk up to the Schlossberg using the historic staircase
- Visit Thun Castle and the Stadtkirche
- View the castle gates
- Treat yourself to a meal at the Restaurant & Hotel Schlossberg
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“I like going up to the Schlossberg in the evening and enjoying the wonderful atmosphere. Thun, the mountains illuminated by the evening sun and the glittering waters of Lake Thun are a truly unforgettable sight.”
- Take the lift instead of climbing the stairs
- Check the opening times of the castle
- Reserve a table or room at the Restaurant & Hotel Schlossberg