Crossing the 340 m long suspension bridge between Sigriswil and Aeschlen offers a magnificent view of the famous Bernese Oberland peaks, the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, as well as Lake Thun. Look from the bridge into the abyss, and 182 mbelow you’ll see the bottom of Gummischlucht gorge. The view down the gorge will take your breath away.
The Panoramic Bridge between Sigriswil and Aeschlen is one of a total of six suspension bridges on the Lake Thun Panoramic Circular Trail. The popular 56 km long circular hike connects various mountain and shoreline paths around the lake. Sigriswil panoramic bridge crosses the 182 m deep Gummischlucht gorge. Pluck up your courage and cross this impressive gap from Sigriswil or Aeschlen on a safe and spectacular path. Both mountain villages are in stunning locations on the eastern shore of Lake Thun, set within a picturesque natural setting and far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Prepare to be amazed by the breathtaking panoramic views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and the surrounding mountain peaks. Combine your walk over the panoramic bridge with a circular hike through Gummischlucht gorge or an eventful hike to Oberhofen, Hünibach or Thun. Pick up snacks in Sigriswil in a lovely farm shop offering fresh regional produce, located just next to the suspension bridge.
Your highlights at a glance
- Cross the 340 m long suspension bridge
- Impressive view of the 182 m deep Gummischlucht gorge
- Breathtaking experience with a view of the mountain panorama and Lake Thun
- Rest stops in Sigriswil and Aeschlen
- Combine a visit to the bridge with some wonderful hikes
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“The amazing view of the mountains and deep-blue Lake Thun made me forget my trembling knees as I crossed the suspension bridge. To prove I’d crossed I took a selfie with the impressive panorama in the background.”
- The crossing is subject to a fee, with proceeds funding bridge maintenance, pay on site
- Regional produce snacks available from local farm shops and stores
- If afraid of heights, use the alternative path through Gummischlucht gorge