Enjoy sledging by starlight on the Niederhorn every Friday and Saturday evening. After a fondue in the Berghaus Niederhorn, the light of the moon and the twinkling stars will show you the way to Vorsass on the romantic sledging run, where you can warm up with a delicious glass of mulled wine.
During the winter season, sledging by starlight on the Niederhorn takes place every Friday and Saturday evening. Savour the magical evening atmosphere as the Niederhornbahn takes you from Beatenbucht or Beatenberg station to Niederhorn. The cable car runs every 15 minutes from 18.35h onwards from the middle station in Vorsass to the Niederhorn. The last ascent departs at 21.45h You can enjoy as many sledge trips as you like between those times. Sledging by starlight is a must for sledging fans and night owls. You will be struck by how silent the snow-covered landscape is. Admire the nocturnal panorama, illuminated by the light reflecting from the white mountain peaks and the sparkling sea of lights in the valley emanating from the houses lining the shores of Lake Thun. Sledge in the bright moonlight under the sparkling star-lit sky on the well-groomed sledging run to Vorsass. Several lanterns also mark the way. The descent takes around 30 minutes.
Sledging by starlight with fondue fun
Would you like to get your evening off to a leisurely start? If so, you should book the package “Sternenschlitteln PLUS”. Enjoy a delicious Swiss cheese fondue with your friends or family in the modern Niederhorn mountain inn before you set off on the romantic sledging run to Vorsass. When you’re done, warm yourself up with some tasty mulled wine or punch in the Bärgrestaurant Vorsass.
Your highlights at a glance
- Sledging fun at night by starlight and moonlight
- Beautifully prepared, illuminated sledging run
- Fairytale-like winter landscape
- Nocturnal panorama over the mountain peaks and Lake Thun
- Bookable with or without fondue fun
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"Sledging by starlight on the Niederhorn is an unbeatable combination of sledging fun, good company and a touch of romance. I was overwhelmed by the sparkling sea of lights in the valley."
- Reservation required
- The following services are included: Return bus journey from Interlaken West to Beatenberg, gondola ride, fondue, one mulled wine and sledge hire
- Winter clothing and good shoes must be worn; a headlamp and ski helmet are recommended
- If required, headlamps can be purchased locally
- In the event of inclement weather conditions or insufficient bookings, you will be informed by telephone whether the tour can go ahead from 16.00h onwards