Spiez Toy Museum has a collection of toys from the 19th century to the modern era. Learn about toys that were popular in days gone by and how they have changed in recent years. It’s sure to bring back some childhood memories.
In its rooms, Spiez Toy Museum presents the varied world of toys from the 19th century to the modern era. Dolls, tin soldiers, grocer’s shops, toy kitchens, teddy bears, railways and much more – discover the toys your grandparents and great-grandparents played with in years gone by. In the past, toys were treasured possessions passed from one generation to the next. The theme of this year’s exhibition is “learn through play”. A special exhibition focuses on a wide variety of toy arks and uses these to highlight the importance of preserving toys. Which animals were included in the famous Noah’s Ark? Find out in Spiez Toy Museum.
Your highlights at a glance
- Extraordinary toys from the early 19th century
- Discover the toys your grandparents played with
- Encounter a wide range of different toys
- Learn through play
- Regular special exhibitions
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “My visit to the Toy Museum took me back to my childhood. I felt very emotional looking at the dolls and teddy bears, which already seemed so old. A wonderful, impressive exhibition!”
- The museum is open Tuesday to Sunday, all year round
- Check opening times
- Just five minutes from Spiez train station
- Museum is wheelchair accessible
- Group tours available outside opening hours