You can enjoy a wonderful view over Lake Thun to the Bernese Alps from the “Strämu”, as the people of Thun call their lido. Swim in the lake or the swimming pool. The diving platform in the middle of the lido catches the eye and invites you to jump into the refreshing water.
Take the opportunity to spend warm summer days relaxing on the large lawn and the beach, enjoying the mountain views. Thun Lido features lake swimming, 50 m and 25 m swimming pools, a pool for non-swimmers and a small children’s pool covered with a sunshade. The 10 m-high diving tower is a highlight for all high divers. Would you prefer to play beach volleyball or table tennis? You can do either of them at Thun Lido. The 35 m water slide will delight the children and the restaurant beckons when you’re in need of sustenance or a cool, refreshing drink.
Your highlights at a glance
- Lido on Lake Thun with a beach and restaurant featuring mountain views
- Large sunbathing lawn, beach volleyball courts and a 10 m-high diving platform
- 50 m swimming pool with eight lanes and a 25 m swimming pool
- Pool for non-swimmers with disabled access
- Deckchairs, beach parasols, cabins, lockers for valuables and table tennis bats can be hired
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"I glance across the lower basin of Lake Thun basin and the mountains form an imposing backdrop. The lake seems to be full of sailing boats and behind me a daring boy jumps off the diving platform. Everywhere you look there are happy faces – Thun Lido is the perfect place to spend a hot summer’s day."
- Don’t forget sun protection
- Bring money for the entrance fee: Adults: CHF 6.00, Children: CHF 2.50, Students/AHV: CHF 4.00
- You will need to bring a two-franc coin as a deposit for the lockers
- Please note the seasonal opening hours from May to September