Velospot is an automated bike hire scheme, with plenty of bike hire stations across Thun and the surrounding area. Use an access card to rent a bike from one of these locations at any time of day. Simply return your bike to any of the stations when you’ve finished your trip. It’s convenient and easy to use.
Would you like to explore Thun and the amazing places around Lake Thun by bike? Simply rent a modern, red city bike from the Velospot bike rental scheme. There are around 25 rental stations in the town and the surrounding area. One of these can be found at Thun Welcome Center, next to the train station. Velospot’s bike sharing system is easy to use. Just buy a day pass or a 5-hour pass and head off on your discover tour. Hand over your passport/ID card and a 20 franc deposit to receive a chip card (access card) with which you can rent a bike at different locations. After your bike trip you can return and park your bike at any of the Velospot locations. When you’re done, return your chip card to the original rental station.
Your highlights at a glance
- Rent a bike and park it at any of the Velospot stations
- 25 different locations
- Fun trip by bike through Thun and the surrounding area
- Fascinating places to discover in the town and around Lake Thun
- Velospot is available 24/7
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“In wonderful sunshine I spontaneously decided to rent a Velospot bike in idyllic Bonstetten Park. The rental scheme is easy to use and exploring by bike is fun.”
- Day passes and 5-hour passes can be purchased from Thun Welcome Center
- Check Welcome Center opening times
- The rental scheme can only be used with the chip card
- Chip card provided against a deposit of 20 francs and your passport/ID card
- Instructions available at the point of sale