Be towed across Lake Thun, glide on the tops of the waves or surf on a motorboat’s wake. Wakehouse Gunten offers the choice of a wide range of watersports activities and also hires out stand-up paddleboards. Experience action-packed fun on the water and enjoy the lounge atmosphere on the shore.
Wakehouse Gunten is the ideal place to try out wakeboarding, water skiing or wakesurfing for the first time. Following an initial briefing, you’ll soon be hanging onto the rope of a motorboat and being towed over the waves. Remember to keep your knees bent and your arms outstretched when you set off. Once you start to feel a bit more securely balanced, you’ll be able to enjoy the majestic mountain panorama. Would you prefer something a little more leisurely? Why not hire a stand-up paddleboard and glide across the lake under your own power? You can recount your experiences on the lake and recharge your batteries with a refreshing drink or snack in the stylish lounge.
Wakehouse Gunten is the ideal place for memorable experiences on and by the lake.
Your highlights at a glance
- Wide variety of water activities
- Majestic views of the lake and mountains
- Leisurely atmosphere in the lounge
- Refreshing drinks and delicious snacks if you're feeling peckish
- Holiday mood on the shore of Lake Thun
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip “On a summer’s morning, I enjoy my first coffee of the day in the lounge. Completing a 360° turn on the waves and a refreshing dip in the lake was the perfect start to the day.”
- Opening hours depend on the weather
- Take a swimsuit to wear under your wetsuit
- Bring sunscreen to protect your skin
- Prices include hire of wetsuits, vests, boards and coaching
- Access by bus (du Lac bus stop) or boat to Gunten