Enjoy your ride up in the modern cable car. Travel from Wengen to Männlichen Summit station in just a few minutes. Once at the top, a variety of activities await in the Männlichen area’s beautiful natural landscape, whatever the time of year. Ski and snowboard in winter, or explore the amazing adventure trails from spring to autumn.
Two large cabins with room for 75 people travel back and forth between Wengen and Männlichen, taking you to the Summit station and back again in comfort. Since it opened in 1954, the cable car has transported many locals and tourists from around the world to the top of the mountain every year. The Base station sits in the idyllic village of Wengen. Every year, this cosy spot is transformed into a fun Ski World Cup village during the International Ski World Cup Lauberhorn. Let the stunning mountain view calm you as you glide over the impressive scenery in the modern cabin. Enjoy a view of roaring Staubbach Falls and the beautiful natural scenery. With a spot of luck you might even catch a glimpse of some feisty chamois on the steep terrain. The cable car covers the 947 m in altitude In just under five minutes. Since it was modernised in 2018, you can also experience a ride on the magnificent open-air balcony, available between spring and autumn each year. Riding on the cabin roof is a unique experience, making this so-called "Royal Ride" the crowning glory of your trip up the Männlichen.
Your highlights at a glance
- Breathtaking views throughout the trip
- Spacious, modern cabins with an open-air balcony (only available in summer)
- Short trip up to the Männlichen, arriving on the mountain in under five minutes
- Unforgettable experiences in the mountains and nature at any time of year
- Gourmet delights in the Berghaus Männlichen hotel and restaurant
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"Last summer I booked a balcony seat on the cabin roof for the ascent. I felt like a queen as I enjoyed this experience with a view of the unique mountain scenery.”
- Operating hours are seasonal
- Cable car may be closed in the event of high winds
- Arrival in Wengen from Lauterbrunnen only possible by train
- Check the timetable for possible connections
- Pack the right equipment for your activity