At Lauterbrunnen, you take the cable car to Grütschalp. From there, you can either hike or take the Lauterbrunnen-Mürren mountain railway (BLM) up to Winteregg. At the top, you will be greeted by a breathtaking view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau at 1500 m above sea level.
Explore Grütschalp’s varied range of hikes. For families, there’s the detective trail, a 5 km route featuring 16 puzzles on local plantlife, wildlife and mountains.
Nature lovers, meanwhile, will be in their element on the terrace of the Bergrestaurant Winteregg, which boasts an unparalleled view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. The kids can go and let off some steam in the playground, while you can sit back and relax with a great meal. Are you a passionate mountain biker or a fan of open-air cinema? The BLM cable car gets mountain bikers to Grütschalp in minutes; the starting point for the Grütsch freeride trail is below the summit station. This 3 km track offers mountain bikers ten to twenty minutes of sheer biking fun, with an elevation gain of 600 m. You can also combine your visit to Winteregg with a trip to the cinema. In summer, Winteregg forms a unique backdrop for an open-air cinema, 1500 m above sea level. As dusk falls, the mountains in the background vie for centre stage. It can be a challenge to keep your eyes on the screen!
Your highlights at a glance
- Detective trail, an enjoyable experience for young and old alike
- Bergrestaurant Winteregg, which offers an unparalleled view of the Three Peaks of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau
- The varied Grütsch Trail
- Open-air cinema at 1500 m above sea level
- Breathtaking view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip“Before starting the Detective Trail, we sat in the sun on the Berghaus terrace to enjoy a snack and the fabulous view of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau.”
- Confirm the details for the Detective Trail
- Check the running times for the cable car and the Lauterbrunnen-Mürren mountain railway
- The open-air cinema runs on selected dates in July or August