Take the chairlift to the summit and enjoy. The Wiriehornbahnen offers an extensive range of leisure activities. Whether it’s mountain biking or scooter riding in summer or skiing, snowboarding or sledging in winter, the Wiriehorn offers rapid descents of all kinds.
Would you like to enjoy a leisurely ride to the top in the six-seater chairlift followed by a fast-paced descent down to the valley on a mountain bike or scooter? The Wiriehornbahnen offer you unique biking opportunities. In addition to these options, in summer you can take the train to the Wiriehorn Geological Trail, which starts at the summit station in Nüegg. In winter, the Wiriehorn is the largest ski area in the Diemtigtal Nature Park, with a chair lift, four t-bar lifts and a children’s lift. How about a fast-paced sledge ride? The 5 km sledging run will inspire you.
Your highlights at a glance
- The chairlift takes you to the unique Bike Park
- Hire a scooter at the summit station
- In summer, children travel free of charge on the train when accompanied by an adult
- Largest ski area in the Diemtigtal Nature Park
- Every Friday evening you can go night skiing and night sledging when the weather conditions are good
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
Personal tip"This winter I got to ride in the PistenBully at night, while the slopes were being prepared for the next day's skiing. My boyhood dream came true!"
- Check the weather and snow conditions in advance
- It is recommended that you wear good protective equipment with a helmet for the descent
- Check the Niesenbahn’s operating hours in advance