Facts & Figures
Municipality of Ringgenberg and Goldswil
The villages of Ringgenberg and Goldswil make up a single political community (municipality of Ringgenberg) on Lake Brienz. Goldswil can be reached in only 5 minutes by car or bus from Interlaken. Its distinctive landmark, the church ruins of Goldswil, is visible from afar on top of the Hubel.
Ringgenberg is also within easy reach of Interlaken by car, bus, train and – in summer – by ship.
Municipality of Niederried
This small village on Lake Brienz is an autonomous political community, situated some 2 km east of Ringgenberg on Lake Brienz. Niederried is accessible all year round by car and train. In summer the cruise ships operating on Lake Brienz also call at Niederried.
Together Ringgenberg and Goldswil have a resident population of around 2,600 inhabitants.
The municipality of Niederried has 340 inhabitants.
The local population is very active within the village associations, making village life all the more attractive and entertaining.
- The high season is from June to September.
- Attractive package deals are available in spring, autumn and the winter months, an invitation to enjoy the quieter time of the year.
The municipalities of Ringgenberg, Goldswil and Niederried levy a resort tax of CHF 1.70 per person per night and a lodging tax of CHF 1.00. The resort tax does not apply to children under the age of 16. In return our guests are issued with a Guest Card for the Interlaken Holiday Region, which entitles them to a range of discounts. The Guest Card also entitles the holder to free bus travel to the surrounding municipalities.
Number of beds in Ringgenberg-Goldswil:
- 233 hotel beds
- 420 beds in holiday apartments
- 2 campsites
Number of beds in Niederried:
- 20 hotel beds
- 104 beds in holiday apartments
Total of approx. 95,000 overnight stays per year
Switzerland, Germany, Great Britain, Netherlands, India, USA, Arab Emirates
- 2 grocery stores in Ringgenberg-Goldswil
- 1 natural lido in Goldswil
- Choice of bathing areas along Lake Brienz
- Several picnic and barbecue spots
- Public car parks (fees apply)
- Cruise ship landing stages in Ringgenberg and Niederried
- 2 schools / 2 kindergartens
- 1 forester’s lodge in Ringgenberg for functions and special occasions
- 2 football pitches
- Several children’s play areas
- Cross-bow shooting range & clubhouse in Ringgenberg
- Hiking trails and walks
- Public library in Ringgenberg