Enjoy a summer’s day at the perfect place to enjoy water activities
Badhuus Gunten lies right on the picturesque shore of the deep-blue waters of Lake Thun. A lush, verdant lawn is the perfect place to sunbathe and relax. Discover nature’s beauty while windsurfing or stand-up paddleboarding amid majestic scenery.
Windsurfing and windsurfing coursesAttend a basic course, an advanced course including the SWAV (Schweizerischer Windsurf-Ausbildungsverband – Swiss Windsurfing Training Association) basic theoretical examination or enjoy one-to-one windsurfing tuition. The basic course will teach you how to position yourself correctly on the board and the most important basic manoeuvres, as well as addressing the relevant theoretical and safety aspects. The advanced course will show you how to improve your basic technique and become better at controlling the board. You can also take the Swiss Windsurfing Training Association’s basic theoretical examination. Book one-to-one tuition if you wish to improve particular skills.
Stand-up paddleboarding (SUP)Enjoy being in the water and want to get active? Why not learn stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) on Lake Thun? Experienced SUP instructors will teach you stand-up paddleboarding either one-to-one or in a group course. Holding the paddle in your hand, you practice the harmonious movements and balance exercises on the SUP board on the water.
Your highlights at a glance
- Situated on the lake’s shore with a lovely sunbathing lawn
- Magnificent panoramic view of the surrounding landscape and mountains
- Windsurfing and SUP courses with high-quality equipment and the most up-to-date techniques
- Experienced, licensed, instructors who are SLRG-certified lifeguards
- Requests for courses on particular topics can be accommodated
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Seasonal opening times
- Find out about the windsurfing and stand-up paddleboarding courses on offer in good time
- Badhuus can be hired for private events and is suitable for up to 25 people
- Public parking and toilets are available
- The minimum age for windsurfing courses is 10; courses take place whatever the weather
“I spent an evening sitting on the wooden bench right in front of the Badhuus watching the sun set, oblivious to the world around me. The magnificent view of the surrounding mountain peaks is breathtaking.”
June – September
Bus stop available
Suitable for any weather
for Children of the age of 10 upwards
Children's Playground (outdoors)
Handicapped accessible WC