Bödelibahn – city tour of Interlaken
Take a journey of discovery on a mini train
The trip on the old-time Bödeli-Bahn starts at the Höheweg. Climb aboard to enjoy a half-hour round trip through Interlaken, Matten and Unterseen. Along the way, pick up interesting facts about the castle, the William Tell Open-Air Theatre, the Hardermannli, the River Aare, the old town of Unterseen and other points of note. In addition to the hour-long XXL tour to the lake, the Bödeli-Bahn offers an entertaining "Magical Interlaken" tour. Take a two-hour tour along the River Aare to the old town of Unterseen, passing through Interlaken and Matten before heading to the JungfrauPark, where a 45-minute "Magical Oberland" duplex show offers a bird’s eye view of the Bernese Oberland. After the stop at JungfrauPark, the Bödeli-Bahn passes Interlaken Castle on the way to the Höhematte. Organising a birthday, wedding or corporate celebration? You can also book a special trip on the Bödeli-Bahn.
Interlaken "Historic Tour"
The 90-minute "Historic Tour" takes you to such historic sites as the monastery, the Congress Centre Kursaal Interlaken and the old town of Unterseen. The price of the tour includes a 45-minute visit to the Tourismuseum, which will give you an insight into the history of alpine tourism in Switzerland. Throughout your visit, an audio guide provides interesting information in eight languages.
Your highlights at a glance
- Enjoy a nostalgic tour of Interlaken on the Bödeli-Bahn
- Information in eight languages: German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic and Chinese
- "Magical Tour" to JungfrauPark
- Half-hour local trip, or one-hour tour to the lake
- Special bookings available for weddings, birthdays and company celebrations
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- In summer 2020 the "Magical Tour" to the JungfrauPark will take place exclusively for groups of at least 15 people
- The Bödeli-Bahn runs from March to October
- Check the timetable
- Trips start from Höheweg
- Information available in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Hindi, Arabic and Chinese
"During the trip I watched the colourful parade along the Höheweg. I also learned a great deal about Interlaken on the half-hour tour."
Departure times daily available at the 1st station (Höhematte)
Information Phone +41 79 764 62 60
- Bad Weather Offer
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- Suitable for the Elderly
- for Children of all Ages