Wildlife Park Brienz – your family excursion into the animal kingdom
Discover the fascinating wildlife park above Brienz
This beautiful park is located amid the verdant forest above Brienz. The Wildlife Park was founded in 1896 on the initiative of the Brienz Cantonal School of Woodcarving, now the Brienz School of Woodcarving. The wild animals acted as living models for the students.
Unforgettable excursion into the animal kingdom of the Bernese AlpsThe Wildlife Park offers a multitude of regional animal species, such as red deer, chamois, marmots and ibex. You can feed them small treats, which you can buy from a vending machine. You will also find bird species such as snow owls, screech owls, pheasants and ducks. It is great to be able to admire the animals, which are otherwise only found in the wild, from close up. Deer roaming the forest, ibex testing their strength or snow owls sitting calmly on their tree trunks until they unexpectedly turn around and fix their penetrating gaze on you.
Your highlights at a glance
- Observe wildlife and birds
- Experience ibex, red deer, snowy owls and even marmots at close range
- Feed the animals yourself with special feed, which can be purchased on-site
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Brienz Wildlife Park is open all year round and can be visited free of charge
- The Wildlife Park can be reached on foot in ten minutes via a small path from Brienz railway station
- We recommend good footwear and, depending on the weather, rain protection
- Wild animals may only be fed with the dry food that is sold on the premises. Boxes containing food can be bought from the vending machines for CHF 1.
“Our visit to the Brienz Wildlife Park was extraordinary. To observe the animals in this beautiful, natural park, to feed them and be so close to them was an experience that I would love to repeat.”
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- Pet allowed
- Suitable for the Elderly
- for Children of all Ages