Discover a breathtaking world of action and adventure
The gorge of the Lower Grindelwald Glacier is a breathtaking natural masterpiece. The gorge was formerly covered by glacial ice and its 300-metre rock walls still bear witness to glacier's immense power. A spectacular walkway takes you deep into the gorge, past moulins, glacial polish and pink and green blocks of marble. The tour takes you through rock galleries and several tunnels, providing a unique experience for all your senses. Listen to the thundering of the water cascading down the Lütschine, feel the bracing wind and admire how the light changes in the gorge. On the way you will learn exciting and sometimes surprising facts about geology, glaciers, water and mysticism. A real highlight is the 170 m2 “spider’s web” net. The walkable net stretched across the gorge ensures a unique perspective. Experience the huge thrill of balancing on the net.
Your highlights at a glance
- Impressive, 1 km-long Glacier Gorge
- 300-metre-high rock walls surround you
- A natural spectacle accessible through rock galleries and tunnels
- Find out fascinating facts about topics such as geology, glaciers, water and mysticism.
- Balance on a 170 m2 net strung seven metres above a river
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Open daily from May to mid-November
- Included in the price: Entrance to the Glacier Canyon and the Mineral Museum
- Bring warm clothing or a jacket, as temperatures average around 10°C.
- Glacier Gorge accessible by public transport from Interlaken Ost
Bad Weather Offer
for Children of all Ages
for individual guests
Suitable for any weather