Guided tour of the “Thun-Panorama”
Visit Thun and discover the world’s oldest surviving 360° painting
The Basel-based artist was captivated by the Bernese Alps and the charming town of Thun. In 1809 Marquard Wocher laid down the sketches for his 360° panorama from a rooftop Thun’s old town. He then started on his painting, which measures 7.5 m in height and 38 m in length. Containing over 300 figures, the picture looks not unlike a gigantic hidden object puzzle. Take a journey into the past and let the scenes on the painting work their magic.
“Thun-Panorama” group tourBook a private guided tour so you and your group can find out more about the history of Wocher’s 360° painting.
Your highlights at a glance
- One-hour guided tour of the Thun-Panorama
- Tour of the world’s oldest surviving 360° painting
- Group tours in German, English, Italian and French available upon request
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Your group tour can be combined with an aperitif or a bite to eat
- Accessible group tours are available upon request: the public tours are not accessible
“Even as a child, I was blown away by the sheer volume of detail in the world’s oldest 360° painting. On the guided tour, I discovered even more about the picture and its history."
- Bad Weather Offer
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- Suitable for the Elderly
- Debit Card
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available
-CHF 120 pro Gruppe
Der Gruppenpreis gilt pro Führung bis max. 20 Personen. Aus Qualitätsgründen werden ab 20 Personen zwei Gruppen gebildet.