Visit the castle with original interior and extensive grounds
The moment you step inside Hünegg Castle, you are transported to another era. The magnificent structure was commissioned in 1861 by Baron Albert von Parpart of Prussia and his wife Adelheid von Bonstetten, who modelled the design on Renaissance castles of the Loire in France. Later, in 1900, Gustav Lemke-Schuckert and his wife renovated the interior in the art nouveau style. The entire interior has remained unchanged ever since, providing a strong insight into life in bygone days.
Explore the groundsStroll through the beautifully landscaped grounds with exotic redwoods, Lebanon cedars and multi-stemmed cypresses. See the animals of the castle park or visit the miniature house and historical viewing pavilion. The circular bench in the pavilion promises wonderful views, and the extensive grounds are open year-round. To find out more about the castle and its grounds, you can also register for a 75-minute guided tour.
From the castle café to the basementHow about a cup of our own coffee, or a local wine in the castle café? Relax and listen to the tinkling of the fountain and as you stroll through the castle grounds. Why not organise an event at Hünegg Castle? The basement and the Kultur-Pavillon can be rented to host personal occasions such as birthday celebrations, wedding parties and cultural events.
Photo opportunity: Castle terraceThe views of the Bernese Alps and Lake Thun from the castle terrace are magnificent. With luck, the impressive "Blüemlisalp" steamer will sound its horn as it passes by.
Your highlights at a glance
- Original art nouveau interior, unchanged since 1900
- Swiss Gastronomy Museum
- Grounds with animals and exotic trees open all year
- Destination not dependent on the weather
- Fairytale readings over coffee at the Kultur-Pavillon
- Tours of Hünegg Castle
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- The castle opens from mid-May (Mother’s Day) to mid-October
- Check the opening times in advance
- Parking available, accessible by boat and bus (Eichbühl or Hilterfingen Post stop)
"In autumn especially, the grounds of Hünegg Castle are gorgeous. I love to kick through the rustling leaves and admire the colourful leaves on the exotic trees in the evening light."
Saison 2021: Sunday 9. May to Sunday 17. October
- Bad Weather Offer
- Suitable for any weather
- for Groups
- for Class
- for familys
- for individual guests
- Suitable for the Elderly
- for Children of the age of 3-6
- for Children of the age of 6-10
- for Children of the age of 10 upwards
- American Express
- Debit Card
- Children Entertainment Corner (indoors)
- Children's Playground (outdoors)
Accessibility / Arrival
- Parking available