Milibach Waterfall above Brienz
Feel the refreshing spray of the waterfall
Whether hiking up to the Planalp or heading down into the valley after a day’s walking on the Brienzer Rothorn, the Milibach Waterfall is well worth a detour. From Brienz, a hiking trail leads along the mountain stream almost as far as the waterfall. The bridge directly overlooks the invigorating mass of water – a refreshingly welcome sight after a long hike. The Milibach Waterfall and the imposing rock formations dominate the village of Brienz, even though a mere trickle of water passes down the rock in warm, dry summers.
Your highlights at a glance
- Barbecue point at the Gäldried intersection of the Brienz Rothorn Railaway
- The Milibach is especially impressive in the springtime, or after rainfall
- Combine your hike with a refreshing detour to the Milibach Waterfall
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Wear suitable footwear for hiking
- Treat yourself to Chäsbrätel or rösti at the Planalp mountain restaurant
- Check the weather forecast in advance
- The walk from Brienz to the Milibach Waterfall takes around one hour
"The hiking trail above the village of Brienz leads through the woods and along the Milibach river, coming out just beneath the waterfall. I loved the fresh air, the scent of moss and fir trees and the sound of the rushing stream."