Enjoy a cool day in the fresh air at the natural ice rink in Brienz
In winter, when the temperature drops to zero, the area at the top of Lake Brienz (next to the Forsthaus) is transformed into a natural ice rink. In fine weather, the rink opens from December to the end of February. Skating aids are available for kids who may still be a little unsteady on the ice. The back of the rink is available for ice hockey games and curling is offered to groups on request. Parking can be found next to the Forsthaus. The “Brienz, im Brunnen” PostBus stop is 250 m away.
Your highlights at a glance
- Warm up with a hot drink and snacks at the Forsthaus
- Skates are available for free
- Skating aids for beginners or kids are available
- Curling is available to groups on request
- Ice hockey is available
To ensure that your trip is perfect in every way, please note
- Check whether the natural ice rink is open (+41 33 952 80 80)
- Wrap up warm and don’t forget your ice skates
- “Brienz, im Brunnen” PostBus stop (Line 155 Brienz – Axalp)
“Whenever we’re in Interlaken, a visit to the ice rink is a real highlight for the kids. Afterwards, there’s always the Forsthaus for a tasty Chäsbrätel to recharge your batteries."
Bus stop available
for Children of all Ages
Handicapped accessible WC